DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Real Life Dharma Limited
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
Real Life Dharma Limited is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
Real Life Dharma Limited complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to effectively host events and offer meetings and mentorship
• To administer membership records;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records
• To inform you of news and events
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about diocesan events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to hosting events, accounting, employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
There is no disclosure to a third party without your consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with employees of Real Life Dharma or organisations hosting retreats on our behalf in order to carry out a service for you or for purposes connected with the activities of Real Life Dharma. We will only share your data with third parties outside of Real Life Dharma with your consent.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Real Life Dharma Limited holds about you;
• The right to request that Real Life Dharma Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Real Life Dharma Limited to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Real Life Dharma Limited data administrator Elizabeth Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org